The purpose of the Fairmount Christian Church is to develop followers of Jesus who love God, love people, and introduce the world to Christ. Our Scriptural direction is derived from the book of Matthew: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind [and] love your neighbor as yourself."
The various ministries of our church will emphasize this purpose and be obedient to Christ. We achieve our purpose by providing:
- Worship opportunities that attract people and inspire, encourage, and challenge all who worship with us to love God at the deepest level.
- Educational opportunities that encourage the church to reach out with the love of God and the message of Christ to their neighbors next-door and around the world.
- Service opporunities for people to express their love for God by serving others in the church and in the community.
- Fellowship opportunities that allow the church to attract the community and help the church body grow closer to each other and in the process grow closer to God.
All of this is done in an environment of prayer, with an expectation of excellence, and in an atmosphere of family where all are accepted and loved.
How do I find out more?
- Fairmount 101
An in-depth look at our church and Christianity in general.
- Make an appointment with a staff member or one of our Elders.
Speak one-on-one in a casual setting about exciting things going on at Fairmount.
- Just get involved!
There are plenty of ways to dive into the life of the Fairmount Church
How can I get involved?
There is nothing more fulfilling than becoming active in the life of an active congregation. We recommend giving three hours a week to the church family. Everyone find satisfaction in devoting at least one hour a week to these three areas: